Friday, 8 June 2007

Whole Foods!

On the way to a course on Wednesday, I passed by High Street Kensington and something caught my eyes - Whole Foods Market! The first time I saw Whole Foods was in Boston, when me and my sis went there almost everyday just to stare at the wide variety of healthy food they offer. Totally delighted, I couldn't wait to explore the supermarket for myself on Thursday right after the course ends.
So after a gruelling + boring two-day course, I asked along my closest colleague to come with me. Hordes of people tried to squeeze their way into the three-storey high supermarket, prominent among the high street full of renowned boutiques. At the entrance, we realised it is much much bigger than we'd expected...
Selection of nuts to choose from. There are also machines to tailor make peanut butter, just like Boston's!
Even eggs come in different sizes here - from quail eggs to ostrich eggs.
Whole Foods are famous for their wide range of organic food sold at reasonable prices. I would seriously consider doing my grocery shopping there weekly if it were a tad bit closer to my place...
Apparently their motto...
A very satisfied customer :P (she's thankful that I brought her there haha)
There are uncountable sections in the supermarket, and like US there's freshly cooked food for sale, and patrons can simply dine on 2nd floor. Their wine collection is humungous! Products are mainly similar to america's, incorporated with few UK quality brands. I realise buying things there make one feels healthy haha. Unlike most UK supermarkets, Whole Foods are very willing to let customers taste their goods, almost every corner serves food samples - pretty big portions (free-food-wise) too! Love it love it...
On the tube home, I discovered from the papers that Whole Foods was actually just opened in London on Wednesday, ie 2 days back, and they are thinking of expanding further to different parts of UK and Europe! Yay! Always welcome american brands to expand the choices of goods here haha :)
Sounds as if i'm paid to promote WF, in actual fact i'm just trying to stir the envy in my sis muahahaha. (jie, seriously this is few times the size of Boston's, but the downside is it's too busy!)
pics are quite blur cos photography is actually not allowed in it so I took the risk hehe. For more info:

3 comments:

"Soo Mei" The Fish said...

Wow.....It's great! and plenty of stuff... think i can spend my whole day doing my shopping there.. "Shop n Dine"
If only we have one like this in Msia... :P

JC said...

Soo Mei.. not a good thing if we have one in Malaysia... as if we not fat enuf ahahaha :p

k.o.w.a.l.s.k.i said...

jiun, i love tailored-made peanut butter...*hint hint hint*